May 20, 2026

admin

Trump orders U.S. to attack Iran boats mining Strait of Hormuz


A 21-year-old woman in Lebanon spoke to NBC News about Israel’s war against Hezbollah from a refugee facility in Beirut.

The house, previously a school, is holding 400 people, including 120 children.

Marwa Yazbek is from Dihariya, a Hezbollah stronghold in southern Beirut, which was ground zero for Israeli strikes when the war broke out.

“The bomb started beside us, actually, and then we tried to go and get our stuff,” she said.

Yazbek is studying medicine and is living with her family among strangers in the refugee camp, trying to study on her iPad while kids play tag in the halls.

She said she has no idea when they can return home.

“We go different places first, and then we settle here because it is the best, the best place, although it’s not that good, but we’re making it,” she said.

According to UNICEF, more than 1 million people are displaced in Lebanon, including more than 390,000 children. Many of them are from southern Lebanon, where Israel is holding on to a military buffer zone, a major sticking point in today’s talks between Israeli and Lebanese ambassadors to the U.S. in Washington, the first direct talks since 1993.

Hezbollah, designated a terrorist organization by the U.S. and considered a proxy of Iran, is not participating in the negotiations.



Source link

Leave a Comment